I agree to one of the investor types which best describes me and I have read the relevant statement on the link on the Hedgerow Global website in full and agree to all terms of the Statement on this form from the given date on the form.
An accredited investor, in the context of a natural person, includes anyone who earned income that exceeded $200,000 (or $300,000 together with a spouse) in each of the prior two years, and reasonably expects the same for the current year, OR has a net worth over $1 million, either alone or together with a spouse (excluding the value of the person’s primary residence).
On the income test, the person must satisfy the thresholds for the three years consistently either alone or with a spouse, and cannot, for example, satisfy one year based on individual income and the next two years based on joint income with a spouse. The only exception is if a person is married within this period, in which case the person may satisfy the threshold on the basis of joint income for the years during which the person was married and on the basis of individual income for the other years.
In addition, entities such as banks, partnerships, corporations, nonprofits and trusts may be accredited, investors. Of the entities that would be considered accredited investors and depending on your circumstances, the following may be relevant to you: any trust, with total assets in excess of $5 million, not formed to specifically purchase the subject securities, whose purchase is directed by a sophisticated person, or any entity in which all of the equity owners are accredited, investors.
In this context, a sophisticated person means the person must have, or the company or private fund offering the securities reasonably believes that this person has, sufficient knowledge and experience in financial and business matters to evaluate the merits and risks of the prospective investment.
High net worth investor statement
I make this statement so that I can receive promotional communications which are exempt from the restriction on the promotion of non-mainstream pooled investments.
The exemption relates to certified high net worth investors and I declare that I qualify as such because at least one of the following applies to me:
I had, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, an annual income to the value of £100,000 or more. Annual income for these purposes does not include money withdrawn from my pension savings (except where the withdrawals are used directly for income in retirement).
I held, throughout the financial year immediately preceding the date below, net assets to the value of £250,000 or more. Net assets for these purposes do not include:
- (a) the property which is my primary residence or any money raised through a loan secured on that property; or
- (b) any rights of mine under a qualifying contract of insurance; or
- (c) any benefits (in the form of pensions or otherwise) which are payable on the termination of my service or on my death or retirement and to which I am (or my dependants are), or may be, entitled; or
- (d) any withdrawals from my pension savings (except where the withdrawals are used directly for income in retirement).
I accept that the investments to which the promotions will relate may expose me to a significant risk of losing all of the money or other property invested. I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from an authorised person who specialises in advising on non-mainstream pooled investments.
Self- certified sophisticated investor statement
I declare that I am a self-certified sophisticated investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Market Act (Financial Promotion) Order 2005. I understand that this Means: I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. The content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority.
I understand that I may have no right to complain to the Financial Conduct Authority or the Financial Ombudsman Scheme.
I understand that I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
I am a self-certified sophisticated investor because at one of the following applies:
- (a) I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to the date above.
- (b) I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date above.
- (c) I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date above, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises.
- (d) I am currently, or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
I accept that the investments to which the promotions will relate may expose me to a significant risk of losing all of the money or other property invested. I am aware that it is open to me seek advice from someone who specialises in advising on non-mainstream pooled investments.